How to Apply & Care for Flexible Magnets
Flexible magnets have become integral to our daily lives, finding applications in various industries and household items. From refrigerator magnets to industrial signage, these versatile materials offer the convenience of customisation and adaptability. To ensure the longevity and effectiveness of flexible magnets, it is crucial to understand how to care for, store, and apply them properly to your flexible magnets available at Magnet Store.
Applying any material to a painted metallic surface without following all use and care instructions may result in damage to that surface. By following these instructions, a product user can ensure top performance. Failure to follow these instructions and tips may cause damage to the magnetic material and/or surface to which applied. The Magnet Store will not be held liable for any damage caused by abuse, misuse or failure to follow the enclosed tips and instructions.
Caring for Flexible Magnets:
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Harsh chemicals can deteriorate the magnetic properties and coating of flexible magnets. Refrain from using solvents, acetone, or other aggressive cleaning agents.
- Gentle Handling: Handle flexible magnets with care to prevent creasing or bending. Sharp edges and rough surfaces can damage the material, affecting its flexibility and magnetic strength.
Storing Flexible Magnets:
- Flat and Rolled Storage: Flexible magnets can be stored flat or rolled depending on their size. Rolling them with the magnetic side out can help maintain their flexibility and prevent permanent deformation.
- Avoid Stacking: Do not stack heavy items on top of flexible magnets, as this may cause them to deform or lose their magnetic strength over time.
- Temperature and Humidity: Store flexible magnets in a dry, cool environment. Excessive heat and humidity can adversely affect their magnetic properties.
Applying Flexible Magnets:
- Clean Surfaces Before Application: Ensure that the surface where you intend to apply the flexible magnet is clean and free from dust, grease, or other contaminants. A clean surface promotes better adhesion.
- Smooth Application: Apply the flexible magnet smoothly, avoiding wrinkles or air bubbles between the magnet and the surface. A smooth application ensures optimal contact, maximising magnetic strength.
- Allow for Adhesion Time: Allow sufficient time for the flexible magnet to adhere to the surface before subjecting it to any external forces. This allows the magnet to bond securely.
- Customisation and Cutting: If necessary, cut the flexible magnet with sharp scissors or a utility knife. Ensure that the cutting process does not compromise the integrity of the material.
Cleaning Flexible Magnets
To guard against moisture and dirt build-up between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and the metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean DAILY.) After waxing and polishing, allow 2 days for the wax to cure before applying magnets.
Flexible magnets offer a wide range of possibilities for creative expression and practical applications. You can maximise their lifespan and effectiveness by following proper care, storage, and application techniques. Whether used for promotional materials, educational tools, or as decorative elements, flexible magnets can continue to serve their purpose reliably when handled and maintained with care.