Embrace the Festive Season by Crafting Your Own DIY Advent Calendar with Numbered Boxes! Fill them with Sweet Surprises, Notes, Pictures, or Trinkets for a Personalized Countdown to Christmas. Dive into Decadence: I added Mini Candy Bars in Every Box with a Message or Joke for our family to share.
I will walk you through the simple yet enchanting easy process of crafting your own Advent Calendar using boxes and magnets. Get ready to infuse daily with a dash of holiday delight as we embark on this festive crafting journey together!
Suitable for Kids and adults.
- Decoration of your choice. (I used odds and ends I had leftover from previous years.)
- Stickers with numbers or Permanent markers.
- Self-adhesive 1.5x19mm 3M PSA Flexible Magnetic Strip. Available here
- Scissor or cutting tool.
- Double-sided tape, craft glue, glue gun or any adhesive you would like to use for applying decorations to boxes.
- Matchboxes or party favour boxes (Box dimensions I used: 5 x 5 x 5cm and 11 x 6.5 x 2 cm.)
- Brown paper to wrap matchboxes.
- Paint if you would like to paint boxes.
- Gather all the decorations you will be using.
- Fold boxes or paint or wrap them in brown paper, ensuring not to cover openings. Depending on the boxes you are using.
- Plan and cut decorations for your boxes and enjoy creating your boxes for your advent calendar.
- Cut magnets to size. I used 4cm for the smaller boxes and 10 cm for the larger boxes.
- Stick the magnets on the back of the boxes.
- Fill boxes with the items you have chosen.
- Pop on your fridge and enjoy the festive season.
You can make a 24-day or 12-day advent calendar.
*If you are doing this with your children, please cut the magnets for them as they are tougher than normal cardboard to cut.